There was pandemonium in the evening of Wednesday in Osogbo, Osun State capital when fire gutted the secretariat of Olorunda local government council located around Igbonna area of the city.
Findings by the Nigerian Tribune Tribune indicated mostly affected by the fire incident were offices and some building facilities in the local government.
Eyewitnesses informed our correspondent that the fire incident started at about 8.15pm long after the employees in council had closed for the day’s work.
Though the actual cause of the fire outbreak could not be ascertained as of the time of filing this report, an unconfirmed source told our correspondent that the incident was precipitated by sparks from electrical appliances.
Efforts by the men of the Osun State fire service to put out the raging fire were hampered by lack of adequate water.
Their firefighting vehicle was spotted leaving the scene of the fire outbreak to source for additional water to control the spread of the fire.
Some traders with shops in the shopping complex close to the local government council were struggling to move their wares out of the shops to safer places.