..Serving the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry for 20 Years
Posted by Shola Akingboye, 22nd March, 2021
The organisers of the Nigerian Oil and Gas conference and exhibition, the dmg Nigeria events has rolled its safety measures for the upcoming 2021 edition of the NOG, the largest oil and gas event in Nigeria in line with the reality of a global trend in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is contained in a newsletter made available to RegentAfrica Times by the Director, dmg Nigeria events, Wemimo Oyelana as parts of the organisation’s commitment to delivering safe and secure in person conferences and exhibitions in preparation for the 20th edition of the Nigeria Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, which is set to take place in person from 5 – 8 July at the ICC in Abuja.
The organisers also invites participants to take a quick action in registering for the 2021 event, four point safety framework including the event brochure for downloads and a video clip by the event director in that regard.
It posted thus:
- As a precautionary measure, your temperature will be recorded on arrival for everyone that enters the venue. Team members or guests confirmed to have a temperature of over 100.4°F will not be permitted access.
- Hygiene amenities including hand sanitising gels will be available at the registration desk and at other convenient locations within the venue.
- Event space floorplans and seating capacities have been adjusted to be compliant with social distancing guidelines, and each guest needs to maintain 2m distance from other guests.
- Face covering is mandatory for all the delegates, visitors, exhibitors, contractors and event staff during the entire event.
- Reinforced food safety standards, new buffet and table service protocols
- All AV equipment will be sanitised, with microphones in particular sanitised between every use
- Signage and queue ropes in all high traffic areas serve as gentle reminders for our guests to maintain safe physical distance
- Regular cleaning and sanitisation of frequently touched surfaces and high traffic areas such as elevators and elevator buttons, escalator handrails and public restrooms
Four-Point Safety Framework
- Controlled crowd density in accordance with government guidelines
- Minimise face to face contact at registration
- Eliminating handshakes
- Clear event flow with additional signage
Cleaning & Hygiene
- Hand sanitizer stations will be places at key locations throughout the venue
- Increased cleaning in high touch point areas within the exhibit halls, meeting spaces & public spaces
- Cleaning tips to be provided to all exhibitors
- Enhanced waste management
Protect & Detect
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Enhanced medical support
- Updated emergency plans
- Compulsory facemasks
- Frequent updating of the Exhibitor Manual
- Increased Signage
- Public addresses during the show
- Regular pre-show messaging regarding health and safety measures
For more information on the safety measures and event guide at this year’s NOG, please visit the link below: