By Shola Akingboye – 4th October 2020
Dr Daniel Olukoya, the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire & Miracle Ministry (MFM), has said laziness makes hopes and dreams end up in dusty piles in later life with nothing achieved than disappointment, as he advised followers to lay their hands on themselves and cast out every spirit of spiritual laziness in them.
The GO MFM revealed this during the October edition of the monthly Power Must Change Hands special programme of the Church on Saturday.
Tagged “Anatomy of Laziness”, Olukoya’s message captured what laziness connotes in the life of human, he described Laziness as the spirit of “I will do it”.
Buttressing his sermon, the GO explore
Proverbs 24:30-34; 6:9-11; 26:13-16, in his breakdown analysis of dangers inherent in laziness:
He preached thus:
What is Laziness?
By laziness, it means unwillingness, dormancy, drossiness, dullness, heaviness, idleness, inactivity, indolence, negligence, sleepiness, passivity, sluggishness, daily-dallying, time-killing, time wasting, resistance to work, inactivity resulting from a dislike to work, resting before you get tired, being slothful, not strict, laxity, love of easy things, not being able to achieve an aim, goal or purpose, slow growth, slow to respond, failure to make effort, etc
Different Types of Laziness
1. Laziness of procrastination – “I will do it next time”, etc
2. Laziness of doubting your capability.
3. Laziness of putting great effort into useless assignment.
Some Statements about Laziness
– Sleeping saints are actually serving satan
– Laziness is a major tool of the enemy against the Christian.
– Many sins come from laziness. All the men that God called in the scriptures were busy doing one thing or the other before they were called;
* Moses was busy from the desert when God called him. Exo. 3:1-2
* Amos was doing what he was doing when God called him. Amos 1:1
* Elisha was doing his farming when God called him. 1 Kings 19:19-20
* The Apostles of Jesus were all doing their things when God called them. Matthew 4:18-19
– God calls men when they are busy but satan calls men when they are idle.
– There are plenty of lazy minds and lazy bodies
– A lazy man is a dead man who is not yet buried.
– No one can climb a mountain just by looking at it
– Most of the vehicles of failure travel on the road of laziness.
– Poverty does not often come in one day, it comes a little at a time.
– A little waste of time, wasting it from time to time, goes a great way. A little done from time to time go a great way. A little left undone from time to time amounts to a great waste
– The Bible refers to a lazy person as a slothful person Proverbs 26:13-15
– Laziness is that sneaky lizard whispering the word “tomorrow, later, etc.” into our ears.
– Laziness makes our hopes and dreams end up in dusty piles in later life with nothing achieved than disappointment
It is good to lay hands on yourself and cast out every spirit of spiritual laziness.
– Laziness is the spirit of “I will do it”
– Laziness is a sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing and remains alone because there is nothing for which it will die.
– Laziness is passive approach to life.
– Laziness is to believe that you are entitled to all benefits the world have yet you are offering nothing in contribution.
– Laziness is leaving when the work starts
– Laziness wears the shoe of procrastination and irresponsibility
– Laziness is bewitchment from Satan.
– Laziness does not necessarily mean you are doing nothing; it is the failure to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.
– Laziness is lack of intensive work towards any goal.
– Laziness is sleeping away valuable hours.
– The lazier a man is, the more he plans to do tomorrow.
– Laziness is somebody reading the television and internet version of Psalm 23.
1. My tablet, my phone, my television is my shepherd, my spiritual growth shall want.
2. It makes them to sit down and do nothing for it required all their spare time
3. It keepeth them from doing all their duties as Christians because it presents many good shows that they may watch.
4. It keepeth them from the study of God’s word; it leadeth them in the path of doing nothing in the Lord’s work. The sound and the picture of what they are watching comfort them.
5. It presents worldly entertainment before them; it fills their head with ideas contrary to the word of God.
6. Surely, the tablets, the phones, the television, the laptop, computers offers no time to do the will of God. Thus, those who are addicted to it will dwell in spiritual poverty all the days of their lives.
– You are no match to the enemy while the spirit of laziness holds tight upon you.
– Laziness is a big sin. It is such a dangerous sin and so prevalent and accepted that we may not even think it is a sin. When God wakes you up in the middle of the night to pray and you fail to do it, it causes a lot of trouble.
– The sluggard never gets going. He will never develop a sense of urgency about life.
– Sluggers will not finish things, projects, books, works, etc
– Sluggers do not know how to focus on one thing until it is done.
– Sluggers create excuse towards things.
– Sluggers do not contribute to other people’s life. It is a disaster when one person in the family is very lazy because it may cause the whole family to suffer.
– The sluggard is fundamentally dishonest. Proverbs 10:26
– There are about seventy (70) verses on issue of laziness in the Bible. Therefore, it is a very destructive thing.
– God loves us but He has a specific timetable that must be kept. And He is not going to allow a lazy servant to mess it up.
– A lazy man wishes but have no faith that any of his wishes will come to pass and therefore, never works towards achieving them.
– A lazy man is chronically an unbeliever; he has no faith, always saying “this is wonderful but I cannot do it”.
– The lazy person is doomed to poverty and this poverty will come in an instant.
– A lazy person refuses opportunity. Proverbs 10:5; 10:26
– Biblical process of success always begins with prayer, vigorous application of one’s talent, vigorous application of one’s ability and spiritual gifts.
– A lazy person has physical provision but too lazy to use it.
– When a person is spiritually lazy, the person will have a deep distaste for the things of God
– Laziness is a major sin of Christians despite any appearance.
– Laziness is lack of meaningful quiet time
– Laziness is dry devotional life
– Laziness is low attendance in services
– Spiritual laziness is having multitude of great ideas for ministry, for the work of God but never moves beyond the ideas to plan how he will actually do something.
– The greatest spiritual impediment to spiritual growth is laziness.
– The alternative to hard work is hard life. Hard-work will earn you integrity.
STEPS TO COMBATING LAZINESS
1. Recognise that laziness is a sin
2. Decide to come to terms with yourself and confront your laziness.
3. Keep your zeal to a boiling point. Romans 12:11, Hebrews 6:12
4. Counter laziness with fasting and prayers.
5. Learn the principles of diligence and hard work.
6. Understand the various levels of laziness.
7. Learn the discipline of rising up early.
8. Respect the passing of time.
9. Be disciplined
10. Go for deliverance if necessary
===> God bless you in the name of Jesus.
1. My Father, my Father, my Father, this is my life; rebrand me, in the name of Jesus.
2. Power and activity of laziness in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. I withdraw myself from the school of laziness, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
50 Prayers for Connecting to the God of Deliverance
1. Every transaction of darkness, assigned against my progress, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers assigned to rubbish my destiny, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every power, jamming my prayers, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. By the power of Your power O Lord; I shake down the seat of darkness, assigned against me, in the name of Jesus.
5. Any satanic government over my finance, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
6. Powers using the dust against me, I kill you now, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every association of devourers and sorcerers, over my life, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
8. I over-turn the tables of the enemies assigned against my life, in the name of Jesus.
9. Powers, assigned to kidnap my spirit, I command you to die, in the name of Jesus.
10. Oppression, hear the word of the Lord; I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
11. Owners of evil load of infirmity, carry your load by fire, in the name of Jesus.
12. Powers of the night, assigned against me, destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
13. O night, carry your terror and anger to the camp of the enemies, in the name of Jesus.
14. Satanic powers, assigned against my help, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
15. Wherever the enemy has knocked me down, I arise by fire, in the name of Jesus.
16. My prayers, become storm and earthquake in the camp of my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
17. Powers working against my spiritual growth, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus.
18. Every blockage on my way to happiness, clear away, in the name of Jesus.
19. Every sickness in my body, I command you to disappear, in the name of Jesus.
20. Every spell and jinx over my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
21. Powers blocking my elevation, die, in the name of Jesus.
22. Powers blocking my well of breakthrough, I put you to shame, in the name of Jesus.
23. Powers, conspiring against my promotion, I scatter you, in the name of Jesus.
24. Beginning from today, my enemies shall destroy themselves, in the name of Jesus.
25. Beginning from today, I decree confusion into the camp of the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
26. Divine favour; overshadow my life by fire, in the name of Jesus.
27. I plug my life into the power of divine acceleration, in the name of Jesus.
28. Whether the devil likes it or not, he will be a loser in my life, in the name of Jesus.
29. Thou camp of wicked elders, working against my moving forward, die, in the name of Jesus.
30. I speak healing and breakthrough into every part of my life, in the name of Jesus.
31. The anointing of the spell breaker, the anointing of the curse breaker, fall upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
32. Every satanic utterance against my life, be dismissed, in the name of Jesus.
33. Every evil mouth, speaking against my destiny, shut up, in the name of Jesus.
34. Any curse running in my bloodline, break, in the name of Jesus.
35. Thou power of sorrowful dreams, die, in the name of Jesus.
36. Powers giving me a deadline to be overthrown die, in the name of Jesus.
37. Arrows of hard life, fired against me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
38. Jesus Christ, yoke breaker, break all my yokes now, in the name of Jesus.
39. Arrows fired against me from any wicked altar, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
40. Pit of darkness, dug against me, swallow your digger, in the name of Jesus.
41. Strongman from my place of birth, assigned to swallow me, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus.
42. Owners of evil load of infirmity, carry your load by fire, in the name of Jesus.
43. Fourth Man in the fire that met with Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, appear in my situation now, in the name of Jesus.
44. Anything in my foundation, that is increasing my battles, die, in the name of Jesus.
45. Thou power of Anakim occupying my Promised Land, die, in the name of Jesus.
46. Every cauldron of death, prepared against me, swallow your owner, in the name of Jesus.
47. Wickedness of the wicked over my destiny, expire, in the name of Jesus.
48. Thou power of Herodias, dancing to cut off my head, I cut you off, in the name of Jesus.
49. Arrows of shame and disgrace, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
50. Glory wasters, you are a liar, die, in the name of Jesus.
51. Powers that want me to be disgraced, be disgraced, in the name of Jesus.
52. Every power, projecting bad luck into my destiny, carry your load, in the name of Jesus.
53. Every demonic instruction, to poison my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
54. Powers pointing at the sun to fight me, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus.
55. Every spiritual Sisera, blocking my way to my promised land, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus.
56. Powers hating my laughter, you are a liar, die, in the name of Jesus.
57. Stronghold of witchcraft in my family, I pull you down, in the name of Jesus.
58. (Shout your name), hear the word of the Lord; pursue your pursuers, in the name of Jesus.
59. O God arise and let all Your enemies in my body scatter, in the name of Jesus.
60. O God arise and let all Your enemies in my soul scatter, in the name of Jesus.
61. O God arise and let all Your enemies in my spirit man scatter, in the name of Jesus.